|Employment - church - Silver Spring (Listing id #5634)
Director of the Young Adult Ministries (Part-Time Position) - Colesville UMC
Colesville United Methodist Church 52 Randolph Road
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Director of the Young Adult Ministries (Part-Time Position)
General Purpose of Position:
To build disciples for Christ through the development and implementation of programs concentrating on young adults between the ages of 19 and 39 while providing spiritual leadership.
1. Help plan, develop and implement programs that will build and maintain a viable young adults’ ministry under the direct supervision of the Pastor.
2. Lead educational, recreational and community service activities/programs that foster fellowship, leadership, worship, mission, and outreach on a regular, scheduled basis.
3. When appropriate coordinate programs with the work of the Pastor, Director of Christian Education (or equivalent position), Director of Youth and Childrens’ Ministries and other church leaders.
4.Reachouttoorganizations,people,andresourcesint hecommunitythatrelatetoyoungadults to build constructive relationships and develop opportunities for working together.
5. Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers who can work with the young adults in all aspects of this ministry.
6. Communicate regularly and timely with the Pastor, other church leaders and the congregation as a whole (when appropriate) to keep them informed.
7. Maintain records of young adult participation and work within budgetary limits. 8. Comply with the Safe Sanctuary Policy of the United Methodist Church.
9. Be an advocate for the young adults and inform the congregation about their hopes, concerns and needsin thelocalchurchandcommunity.
Qualifications for Position
Must have ministry or other relevant training and/or experience.
Must have a BA or equivalent degree; pursuit or completion of M Div. is highly desirable.
Must complete an application and pass a background check.
Must complete Safe Sanctuary training and remain Safe Sanctuary compliant.
Must demonstrate a genuine interest in the needs, concerns and interests of young adults.
Interested in the position? Please contact the CUMC SPPRC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (301) 384-1941.
Location on map:
Name: Colesville United Methodist Church
Phone : 301-384-1941
52 Randolph Rd.
SIlver Spring, MD 20904